Stuls Parish church of Saint Josef

Fact sheet Stuls parish church
Name Parish church of Saint Josef
Built 1786
Patronzinium 19 March
Architectural style Baroque
Height of church tower approx. 25m
Furnishings and capacity The inner furnishings came mostly from the church of the abolished Clarisse convent in Meran and the tabernacle from the place of pilgrimage “Maria Weissenstein” in Monte S. Pietro/Petersberg. approx. 150 persons, approx. 200 persons ca. 150 Personen ca. 200 Personen
Special features The only church in Upper Passeiertal Valley with onion dome. For the first church roof, shingle was prepared in the Hahnebaumer forest (“Hahnebaumer Wald gekloubn”) and set up to dry at the “Schintlkostn” (hence the name). As Stulles/Stuls was not easy to access, the church bells were not melted down during the First World War, and were therefore spared.