parish church of Saint Mary help (of the christians)

Fact sheet Pfelders parish church
Name parish church of Saint Mary help (of the christians)
Built 1745 / 1751 (according to literature, there are two differing caesuras)
Patronzinium 15. August
Architectural style neo-Gothic
Height of church tower approx. 18m
Furnishings and capacity The high altar consists of a carved rococo frame. At the side, there are two coat of arms and four cherubs attached, carved by Hans Reindl of Stams, approx. 100 persons
Special features The church houses two works from Passeiertal Valley artist Joseph Haller (1737-1773). The rococo painter from S. Martino/St. Martin was amongst the best of the so-called “Passeiertal Valley School of Painting”. A nice example of woodcarving is the detailed church door from the period around 1900, depicting a deer and a lion.